Unites new SRAM direct mount oval chainring shares all of the great features that the standard chainring has to offer but with an oval profile. Our oval design has many advantages over our standard round rings:
- Improves traction while climbing.
- Reduces knee pain.
- 12% ovality (32T is equal to 30T-34T range).
- 115° Clocking from crank arm puts the major axis in your power stroke.
Unite’s chainrings are CNC machined in house from 7075 T6 aluminium billet, one of the hardest grades of aluminium available. Couple this with the high quality, vibrant anodised finish and we have a winning combination to make your ride stand out from the crowd.
A large amount of wear occurs on the front face of chain rings due to the extreme chain-line caused by 1x setups, our extra wide alternating tooth profile improves both durability and retention for a longer period. As chains begin to stretch they start to bind in certain places, damaging the chain and ring; the chainrings have specially machined recesses, which help to prevent this damage, increasing the longevity of the chain ring and chain. Grip Rings utilise a stiff and light design that is efficient and offers excellent protection from rock strikes.
- Narrow/wide chain profile prevents chain drop
- Wide-tooth profile for extra retention
- Recessed for improved mud clearance and improved chain ring life
- CNC machined from hard wearing 7075-T6 Aluminium
- Compatible with SRAM cranks sets including DUB cranks
- Weight: 32T – 68G
- 12 speed eagle compatible
- Boost offset – 3mm
- Available in 8 colours
- Recyclable cardboard packaging
For the best results when using a narrow wide chainring we recommend the following:
- Use with a clutch mech, regularly check the tension.
- Check your chain wear, a worn chain will increase chain drops and wear out your drivetrain faster.
- Check your chain length, to slack and you will lose retention, to tight and the chain will break.
- We always recommend using a SRAM Powerlock chain.
- Keep you chain/bike clean and well lubricated.
- Couple it with our Compact Chain Guide